The Roland TR-808 is one of the most revered and sought-after electronic musical instruments of all time—and its influence only continues to grow. Now is your chance to be a part of that 808 Story!
Join us in celebrating 808 Day and Roland Cloud may just showcase your creativity in an artist spotlight feature and give you a free year of Roland Cloud!
- Follow @therolandcloud on Instagram
- Create and share on Instagram a 30-60 sec video featuring your original track using Roland Cloud's TR-808 Software Rhythm Composer
- Tag @therolandcloud and #RolandCloud808BMS
- Submit your video to instagram by August 22, 2018 and the Roland Cloud team will pick our 3 favorites. We'll announce our picks August 29, 2018!
Not a Roland Cloud subscriber? No problem! Sign up for your risk-free, no credit card required, 30 day free trial here:
(That you are claiming to have read if you participate in the Roland Cloud 808 Beat Maker's Showcase. There will be a quiz.)
All submissions must be entered by August 22nd, 2018 to be reviewed by the Roland Cloud team. We will choose 3 winners who best showcase the spirit of the 808 and announce them on August 29th, 2018.
Please see below for additional information and all rules of entry:
Roland Virtual Sonics LLC
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ROLAND CLOUD “808 BEAT MAKER’S SHOWCASE” CAMPAIGN
The Roland Cloud “808 Beat Maker’s Showcase” Campaign gives you a chance to win a Roland Cloud prize by posting a 30-60 second video featuring your original track highlighting Roland Cloud’s TR-808 Software Rhythm Composer, with the tags #RolandCloud808BMS AND @TheRolandCloud to Instagram.
2. CAMPAIGN PERIOD
This campaign starts on August 08 (15:00pm PDT), 2018 and ends on August 29, 2018.
- A video that visually and sonically captures Roland Cloud’s TR-808 Rhythm Composer in your DAW, not exceeding 60 seconds, is to be posted on social media1 with BOTH campaign tags #RolandCloud808BMS and @TheRolandCloud.
- Each video submission must use Roland Cloud’s TR-808 Software Rhythm Composer as primary beat-making element.
- Music submitted in the video must be entrant's original samples and/or composition or in the public domain. Music or audio samples with another person/party’s copyright should not be used without permission. If applicant uses any song or sound of which copyright is held by any third party (individual or group), it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain a permission for use from the copyright holder.
- By adding the hashtags outlined above to the performance video, the participant3 is providing consent to Roland Virtual Sonics LLC to share the submission on official Roland Cloud social media channels, www.rolandcloud.com and pages therein. Each video must feature the campaign tags #RolandCloud808BMS and @TheRolandCloud in either the post text or comment for search access, and thus eligibility.
- If the submitted video meets guidelines 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4, it is deemed an eligible entry4.
- The participant’s social media account that contains the eligible entry must be set to Public for visibility.
- This campaign is classified as a Skill Competition with the winner selected by jury under pre-determined criteria (as per Section 4). There is no chance involved in this competition.
- The Roland Cloud “808 Beat Maker’s Showcase” Campaign is eligible to participants worldwide.
- Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (except in the case of residents of certain jurisdictions where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, then such legal age of majority).
- Entries are void where such activity is prohibited by law. All country, federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations will apply.
- Employees of Roland VS LLC, their affiliates, members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of their households (whether or not related) are NOT eligible to enter or win.
- Each participant may submit as many entries as they wish under each account on social media. However, multiple entries submitted by one person shall be considered as one entry. Accordingly, multiple entries submitted from one person does not increase the possibility of winning.
- No purchase necessary for entrance or selection.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS
- The winners of the Roland Cloud’s “808 Beat Maker’s Showcase” Campaign are to be selected from the eligible entrants only (as per Section 3 - Eligibility).
- The process of the selection of potential winners, and any shortlists, is at the discretion of Roland Virtual Sonics LLC.
- The process of selection involves a shortlist of entries to be scored by a selected jury.
- A score is allocated – from 0 the lowest to 5 the highest – for four categories. The categories include Performance Ability, Musicality, Originality of Video, Roland Cloud’s TR-808 Demonstration.
- The panel of judges included:
- Bryce Jones – VP of Marketing, Roland Virtual Sonics LLC.
- Ehud Kaldes – Sound Design and Music Production, Roland Virtual Sonics LLC.
- Jeff Rensvold – Music Production Lead, Roland Virtual Sonics LLC.
- Lisa Mungo - Community Manager, Roland Virtual Sonics LLC.
- Once potential winners have been verified5, they will be contacted directly via their social media channel from where the entry was submitted.
- If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 5 days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, then an alternate winner will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
- The three selected winners of the Roland Cloud “808 Beat Maker’s Showcase” Campaign will each receive one (1) year subscription to Roland Cloud.
- The prizes offered in this campaign may not be transferred, assigned or substituted.
6. PROHIBITED ENTRIES
- Eligible entries cannot contain any content that is obscene, offensive, violent, derogatory, profane or sexually explicit, as may be determined by Roland Virtual Sonics LLC. in their sole and absolute discretion.
- Eligible entries cannot contain material that violates or infringes another party’s rights, including, without limitation, privacy, copyright, publicity or any other intellectual property rights.
- Roland Virtual Sonics LLC. reserves the right to report any submitted content for deletion or removal which infringes or suspected to infringe any third party's intellectual property rights.
- Eligible entries cannot infringe or violate any guidelines or terms of service for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Participants agree to abide by all applicable country, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
7. PERSONAL DATA
- Roland Virtual Sonics LLC. will collect the following information from the winner:
- First and Last name
- A working phone number
- Active e-mail address.
- Roland Virtual Sonics LLC. will use personal information for administering the prize and managing this campaign, and we will share or transfer the personal information with overseas group companies, as appropriate, for shipping. By entering the campaign, you consent to our collection of such information.
8. CAMPAIGN DETAILS
- This campaign is administered by Roland Virtual Sonics LLC. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube are not sponsors, endorsers, administrators, or associates of this campaign, and are released from any, and all, liability related to this campaign.
- By entering the campaign, Roland Virtual Sonics LLC. will expect your entry to comply with the Terms & Conditions.
- Entry is limited to the owner of the eligible entry. Permissions must be granted by any other persons and parties who may appear in the entry.
- Roland Virtual Sonics LLC. reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the terms and conditions of this campaign at any time at their sole and absolute discretion.
- “Social Media” means Instagram.
- “Roland Cloud Subsciption” Information can be found at www.rolandcloud.com. This is a non-monetary prize.
- “Participant” means any member of the public who posts a 30-60-second video to social media with the campaign tags.
- “Eligible Entry” means a submitted video meeting criteria 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.
- “Verified” means that the winner meets all Eligibility criteria as per Section 4.